Having recently acted as the relationship expert spokesperson for Taylor Herring‘s client, UKTV, it was very interesting to read and disucss the findings of the ‘Covert Report’ commissioned by their TV channel Really to mark the premiere of CIA drama, Covert Affairs.
Some amazingly shocking statistics came out of the report, some of which are being discussed by myself and my followers on Twitter (@samowencoaching) under the hash tag #SocialMediaSpying.
Amongst other findings, over a third of the 2000 Brits surveyed reported that they used social media sites to track their partners.
Tell tale signs a spy should look out for if your partner is cheating…
If you think your partner is cheating and you want to look out for tell tale signs, the following may help:
- If he feels the need to take certain phone calls in a separate room or feels unable to talk to someone in front of you, it may be a romantic interest.
- If he deletes suspicious sounding mobile phone calls from his calls list, chances are he’s trying to hide something.
- If his eyes sparkle unusually when he sees a certain person or talks about them, then he probably fancies them, but that doesn’t mean he’s cheating on you.
- If you question his whereabouts and he looks to the left as he gives his explanation (indicative of using his creative side of the brain), he may be lying to you, i.e. creating a story instead of giving you the honest facts.
- Ask him if he’s cheating; if he says “no” but his eye movements become uneasy or he averts his gaze, he may be trying to hide something.
- A good rule of thumb is to look for three to four signs of non-verbal communication that indicate a certain thought, emotion or behaviour, before you make any judgements.
- If he’s making more effort with his appearance than normal, and there are no other valid reasons for it, he may be trying to impress someone else, whether cheating or not.
- If he’s more concerned about his physique and making an effort to eat well, lose weight or tone up, he may be doing it for himself… or for the other woman.
- If he’s sullen around you but upbeat when going out, it may be that he’s miserable at home with you and excited about leaving the house to meet the mistress.
- Follow your gut feeling; if something inside tells you he’s cheating, acknowledge it and try to substantiate your fears with proof.
The UK Premiere of Covert Affairs is new and exclusive to Really, Wednesdays at 9pm (Sky 248, Virgin 267, Freeview 17).