Through anxiety coaching with myself you can understand and resolve your anxiety relatively quickly both if you have been experiencing anxiety for some time, or have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder such as generalised anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, (complex) post-traumatic stress disorder, phobia, or panic disorder.
Over the years I have worked with many anxiety coaching clients and this enabled me to create my tried and tested system that I can use to help you too. It works every time.
Anxiety is your brain’s way of alerting you to a threat to your mental or physical well-being or survival, whether a definite threat or a potential threat, and whether that threat is:
- real or imagined,
- major or minor.
When the brain experiences what it perceives as a threat, it initiates the fight-or-flight response to help us stay alive.
This is why you will experience anxiety in the form of psychological and/or physical symptoms. I’m sure you will recognise that you have experienced some of the following symptoms yourself such as:
Typical Psychological Symptoms of Anxiety:
- Feeling tense, nervous, uneasy or unable to relax
- A sense of dread – impending doom
- Feeling ‘on edge’
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feeling like the world is speeding up or slowing down
- Feeling like you can’t stop worrying
- Feeling that bad things will happen if you stop worrying
- Worrying about anxiety itself and that it might occur
- Feeling the need for lots of reassurance from others
- Worrying a lot about how others feel towards you
- Worrying that you’re losing touch with reality
- Thinking obsessively about a bad experience or about a situation
- Feeling disconnected from yourself or from the world
- Worrying a lot about the future
- Feeling panicky
Typical Physical Symptoms of Anxiety Include:
- Shortness of breath
- Increased heart rate
- Shaking or trembling
- Faster breathing
- Feelings of nausea
- Dizziness or light-headedness
- Stomach aches and pains
- A feeling of ‘butterflies’ or churning in your stomach
- Excessive sweating or sweaty palms or hot flushes
- Headaches, backache or other aches and pains
- Tension in your body such as your back or neck
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- Wanting to go to the toilet more often
- Pins and needles
- Dry mouth
- Feeling restless or unable to sit still
- Grinding your teeth
- Reduced sex drive
Even if you have been plagued by anxiety for decades, I can help you as I’ve helped others, the reason I was asked to write the self-help book, Anxiety Free.
I’ve helped clients with mild to very severe anxiety, including those who have been suffering with it since they were children or young adults who are now in their 40s, 50s and 60s. For example, some had been hiding in just one room in their home because they had become so incapacitated by their anxiety before they came for anxiety coaching.
It may be that you are seeking help purely for your anxiety, or that you want to resolve other issues in your life such as relationship, dating, confidence, and life direction, and your anxiety is also an issue you want to resolve.
How it works
So you’re seeking anxiety help and perhaps one or more of the following reasons brought you here:
- You’re fed up of how your anxiety has taken over your life and you want to get your life back to ‘normal’, to how it was before.
- You’ve sought help from a doctor who has referred you for some form of counselling, or has prescribed medication for your anxiety symptoms.
- You’ve tried other forms of therapy that didn’t help or didn’t help enough.
- You’ve attempted self-help anxiety treatment methods.
- Or perhaps you have a child (16 or over) who needs help.
The anxiety coaching I provide is simple to implement. It’s empowering as it helps you to understand what anxiety is and what it isn’t, why certain approaches don’t work, and how you can resolve your anxiety or anxiety disorder.
You’re not meant to live with indefinite anxiety any more than you’re meant to live with a bleeding arm.
Start with this short video to help you resolve your anxiety on your own and if you still need my help, read on.
I help the vast majority of anxiety coaching clients in just 2-3 coaching sessions. Some are on anti-anxiety drugs (anxiolytic medication) when they first come for coaching.
I tend to see clients Tuesdays to Fridays, 10am to 7pm (UK time) to accommodate most time zones.
Before you start I will provide you with a questionnaire so that you can give me a brief overview of your situation and what you want to achieve through coaching, plus specific guidance on how to get the most out of each coaching session and the coaching journey.
You’ll set the agenda for your sessions, directing your sessions and life to where you want them to go, and I will of course help. To help you quickly, I will use a combination of skillful questioning, sharing expert insights into your unique situation, using my intuition, and suggesting tasks/strategies that will help you to resolve your specific anxiety completely.
I will also share natural, enjoyable methods for soothing your anxiety symptoms, as and when they appear, whilst you’re on your journey to becoming anxiety free.
My style of relationship coaching is compassionate, non-judgmental, intuitive, proactive, science-based, solution-focused, and empowering.
A bit about me
I love being able to help people quickly, in a positive and empowering environment. I have been coaching clients for over 9.5 years, I frequently work as an expert for big brands and media, and am the published author of three popular self-help books on mental health and relationships: Resilient Me; Anxiety Free; Happy Relationships.
I’ve coached CEO’s, managing directors, small business owners, police staff, doctors, veterinarians, nurses, HR professionals, housewives, counsellors, corporate executives, ex-athletes, a renowned scientist, solicitors, and many, many more titles.
I’ve worked with clients all over the globe including in the UK, mainland Europe, America, the UAE, Asia, and Africa.
Get anxiety coaching
Resolve your current anxiety at its root cause, and learn how to do so every time it appears as the survival mechanism that it is (just like how you feel pain every time you touch your skin to something hot enough to burn it).
Buy a coaching package to get started and I will be in touch to arrange your first session and then email your Welcome Pack to you which will include the aforementioned questionnaire and guidance on how to get the most out of coaching.