Finding Mr or Mrs Right Requires Clarity of Vision
How do you find the perfect person to spend your life with and how do you recognise them when they turn up in your life?
The answer is having crystal clear clarity in your heart and mind about the sort of person you wish to spend your life with.
If you give your brain instructions about the exact type of person and relationship you are looking for, you will do three things, both consciously and subconsciously:
- You will much more easily spot each potential ideal mate when they turn up in your life.
- You will much more likely grasp opportunities to make acquaintance with Mr or Miss Right when they show up in your life.
- You will much more proactively create opportunities to help attract/meet your ideal mate.
The list you create helps you to become crystal clear on your goal – your must-haves, your nice-to-haves, and your deal breakers. Ultimately, you’re looking at the total package. Your list will guide you and help you to make great decisions for you, quickly.
There are some criteria that potential mates won’t meet and it won’t matter to you. Some things you list will be nice-to-have traits and listing them will help you to work towards finding your ideal mate, but they may not be deal breakers when the rest of the package ticks your important boxes. Other times you might meet someone who is perfect for you in all but one way, and that one thing that is present or missing is a deal breaker, which means this is not the partner for you.
Remember, your Mr or Mrs Right may not have the external appearance you are looking for and I’m not talking about physical attraction here, I’m just saying, keep an open mind. As far as how important on a scale of 1-10, physical attraction is to you, only you can and should decide that. Forget what anybody else says. You know yourself, do what’s right for you.
And that’s a key thing to remember on your dating journey: you must be your authentic self, always.
Here are 20 questions to help you clarify your vision of your ideal mate. Write them down with pen and paper and you will better commit them to memory. Review it frequently to maintain those instructions at the forefront of your mind so that you spot, grasp and create opportunities for making this goal a reality.
- What sort of personality traits would you ideally like your life-partner/spouse to possess?
- What sort of personality traits would you ideally like them to not possess?
- Which personality traits would be deal-breakers?
- Which physical traits would be deal-breakers?
- What are your ideal partner’s physical traits?
- Which morals would you want them to share with you?
- Which beliefs would you like them to share with you?
- Does their religion or cultural background matter and if so, in what ways?
- What sorts of interests and hobbies do you imagine your ideal mate to have?
- Do you want to have children with them and, therefore, is this something they must also want?
- How would you want to raise your children and in what ways would your ideal partner need to share your ideas about parenting?
- How well would you like your ideal partner to integrate into your family, friendship circles and business circles, and in what ways?
- Do you have an age range that you want them to be within?
- Do you want them to possess a certain minimum level of ambition?
- Do you want them to have a certain minimum level of income?
- What sort of sex life do you want to have with them?
- Which life goals would you want them to share with you so that you could grow old together rather than grow apart?
- How do you want your partner to make you feel on a daily basis?
- How do you want to make your partner feel on a daily basis?
- What do you see you both doing as you live every day together?
Be sure to keep tweaking your list as you learn and grow as an individual. Also be sure to put ongoing effort into meeting potential mates because that is a vital part of the process. Now, go get the man or woman of your dreams!