Divorce coaching and breakup coaching can help you to navigate what you may be experiencing as a most deeply painful, even traumatic, period in your life.
You will likely be experiencing a range of emotions and rather than good days and bad days it’s more like good minutes and bad minutes.
When going through a divorce or breakup our emotions can be very unpredictable, very up and down, or rather, fluctuating between very down and a little less down.
You may be feeling deep sadness, or absolute despair, be depressed, be anxious, and if coming out of a psychologically or physically abusive relationship which likely escalated in severity towards the end, you may also be suffering from trauma or complex post-traumatic stress disorder (CPTSD).
You may also be feeling relief, optimism, and excitement for a better future, one free of abuse, one free of not being appreciated, one free of many things that you felt you were stuck with for life.
Whatever you are feeling is okay. It’s your journey. It’s unique to you and your circumstances. Nobody else can tell you how you should feel or how long it should take you to heal.
On this long journey you are on, one that can be very dark, it helps massively to have the support and understanding of at least someone, but:
- you may not have a support network in your life,
- or you do not feel comfortable talking with anyone in your social circle about this,
- or perhaps you do not trust those in your circle to handle your fragile, anxious and/or depressed state with the skill and care that you need.
And one of these may be the overarching reason for you considering divorce coaching or breakup coaching.
Specific issues you might be considering divorce coaching for
What are your minute to minute challenges that made you consider the need for support? Below are some of the symptoms you may be experiencing:
- Feeling in need of reassurance
- Worrying a lot about what the future holds
- Worrying about what others may think
- Worrying about lies being spread about you
- Ruminating (obsessing) over distressing moments you’ve experienced
- Having flashbacks of traumatic moments
- Feeling guilty for feeling relieved despite grieving
- Feeling guilty for feeling optimistic or even excited for a better future
- Feeling frustrated about how loved ones are supporting you
- Feeling sad that your support connections aren’t supporting you
- Wishing you were dead even though you wouldn’t take your own life
- Feeling suicidal
- Feeling lonely
- Feeling anxious
- Feeling hopeless
- Feeling confused
- Feeling depressed
- Feeling worthless
- Feeling angry
- Feeling betrayed
- Feeling resentment
- Feeling no desire to connect with the world
- Second guessing yourself because of ongoing psychological abuse
- Struggling to own your worth because of physical and/or psychological abuse and/or betrayal
- In shock or denial about how they have treated you because it is so horrific
- In denial about what’s happening, e.g. feeling hopeful you can salvage the relationship even though your ex has made it clear they’re not interested
You may have been experiencing some of the above symptoms for a while now or they may be new developments.
Either way, you’re going to be okay.
How having me as your divorce coach/breakup coach works
Whether you’re divorced, a divorce or breakup is pending, or you know the relationship is over and are struggling to take that important yet painful next step, I can help you through the process.
I can help you to:
- Own your worth
- Maintain resilience
- Manage your emotions better
- Rebuild your self-esteem and confidence
- Reduce the grieving period so that you can get on with your life (time is limited and precious)
- Overcome trauma and PTSD symptoms if the relationship was/is abusive
- Make correct decisions for your health, happiness and safety more easily
- Feel confident in your decision making
- Help you to plan important next steps along the way
- Help you to amicably navigate the divorce/separation process as a whole
- Help you to create a compassionate, respectful relationship for co-parenting
- Focus on and make progress towards a better future than you ever had planned before
It may also be that you and your spouse or partner or (soon-to-be) ex-spouse or partner want to navigate this ending chapter of your journey, or transitional one if you share children, together. I have done that for many clients too.
I usually help clients to achieve their coaching goals in just 2-6 sessions, results you’d usually expect to achieve after a much lengthier counselling/therapy program (testimonials here).
I tend to see clients Tuesdays to Fridays, 9am to 6pm (UK time) to accommodate most time zones.
Before you start divorce coaching I will provide you with a questionnaire so that you can give me a brief overview of your situation and what you want to achieve through coaching, plus specific guidance on how to get the most out of each coaching session and the coaching journey.
You’ll set the agenda for your sessions, directing your sessions and life to where you want them to go, and I will of course help. To help you quickly, I will use a combination of skillful questioning, sharing expert insights into your unique situation, using my intuition, and suggesting tasks/strategies that will help you to make quick progress.
Simple exercises will be a crucial part of your progress but you will only undertake exercises you’re happy to utilise that will help you to achieve your goals; and they’re usually easy and sometimes fun too!
My style of relationship coaching is compassionate, non-judgmental, intuitive, proactive, science-based, solution-focused, and empowering.
A bit about me
I love being able to help people quickly, in a positive and empowering environment. I have been coaching clients for 10 years, I frequently work as an expert for big brands and media, and am the published author of three popular self-help books on mental health and relationships: Resilient Me; Anxiety Free; Happy Relationships.
I’ve coached CEO’s, managing directors, small business owners, police staff, doctors, veterinarians, nurses, HR professionals, housewives, counsellors, corporate executives, ex-athletes, a renowned scientist, solicitors, and many, many more titles.
I’ve worked with clients all over the globe including in the UK, mainland Europe, America, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
Get divorce coaching or breakup coaching
Get your healing underway, so that you can get on with the rest of your life. ‘Days are expensive. When you spend a day you have one less day to spend. So make sure you spend each one wisely.’ – Jim Rohn
Buy a coaching package to get started and I will be in touch to arrange your first session and then email your Welcome Pack to you which will include the aforementioned questionnaire and guidance on how to get the most out of coaching.
Coaching is available via Skype video globally and face-to-face in Wilmslow, SK9 1AA, locally.